- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, 4 to 5 ounces each
- Olive oil
- Emeril's Original Essence
- 1/2 pound diced bacon
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 pound Maytag blue cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce, washed, cored, patted dry, and thinly sliced
- 1 large, ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 Beefsteak tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat the grill. Drizzle the chicken breasts with olive oil, then season with the Essence. Grill the chicken until the juices run clear, about 4 minute per side. Remove from the grill, cool and dice.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until just crispy, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the skillet and drain on paper towels. Whisk the olive oil and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Whisk in 1/4 pound of the blue cheese, a handful at a time. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the lettuce in a large bowl with the dressing.
- Season the avocado, tomatoes and eggs with salt and pepper.
- To serve, mound equal amounts of the lettuce in the center of 4 serving plates. Arrange the chicken, bacon, avocado, tomatoes, eggs, and the remaining blue cheese in rows on top of the lettuce.
Emeril's Knife And Fork Open-faced Sandwich
Fresh Mango Ice Cream With A Tropical Fruit Relish
Emeril’s New Orleans Barbecue Shrimp
Kicked Up Fried Calamari with Creole Olive Salad
Frisee and Arugula Salad with Pan Fried Oysters and Creamy Fennel Dressing
Lobster and Sweet Corn Chowder