- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, 4 to 5 ounces each
- Olive oil
- Emeril's Original Essence
- 1/2 pound diced bacon
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 pound Maytag blue cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce, washed, cored, patted dry, and thinly sliced
- 1 large, ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 Beefsteak tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat the grill. Drizzle the chicken breasts with olive oil, then season with the Essence. Grill the chicken until the juices run clear, about 4 minute per side. Remove from the grill, cool and dice.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until just crispy, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the skillet and drain on paper towels. Whisk the olive oil and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Whisk in 1/4 pound of the blue cheese, a handful at a time. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the lettuce in a large bowl with the dressing.
- Season the avocado, tomatoes and eggs with salt and pepper.
- To serve, mound equal amounts of the lettuce in the center of 4 serving plates. Arrange the chicken, bacon, avocado, tomatoes, eggs, and the remaining blue cheese in rows on top of the lettuce.
A Creole Fried Shrimp Salad With Vidalia Onions, A Classic Remoulade Dressing And Pickled Okra
Classic Crab Cakes With A Roasted Corn And Tomato Salad And Fresh Horseradish Sauce
Emeril's Knife And Fork Open-faced Sandwich
Fresh Mango Ice Cream With A Tropical Fruit Relish
Classic Veal Parmesan
Classic Chicago Hot Dog