- Olive oil to grill scallops
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 ounces fresh scallops (preferable 20/30 count), side muscle removed
- 3 ounces Romaine lettuce, cut into one-half inch ribbons
- 2 ounces mesclun lettuce mix
- 1.5 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 ounce dried cranberries
- 2 ounces balsamic vinaigrette (store-bought) *Note: whip a bit of Dijon mustard into the dressing
- One-half lemon for garnish
- Lightly rub the scallops with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Grill lightly on medium hot grill, turning as needed, do not burn or char, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile place lettuces, Gorgonzola cheese, cranberries, dressing, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Toss gently with tongs. Arrange the greens on a salad plate. Arrange scallops around the top and sides of the greens. Garnish with the lemon.