- 2 medium eggplants, peeled and sliced lengthwise into one-fourth-inch thick (about 8 slices)
- One and one-half cups Zucchini Filling
- 3 cups Marinara Sauce
- 2 cups low-fat ricotta cheese
- One-half teaspoon ground garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- One-fourth cup sliced ripe olives
- Lightly salt eggplant and let sit for 30 minutes, rinse and pat dry. (This removes the bitterness.) On a cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick spray, bake the eggplant at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Place a large spoonful of the zucchini filling in each slice of eggplant and roll up. Place them seam side down in a bake-and-serve dish, making two rolls per serving. Spoon the marinara sauce down center of each roll. Process the ricotta in a food processor or blender with the garlic and Parmesan cheese. Blend until smooth and creamy. Spoon the mixture down the center of each roll. Sprinkle the parsley down the center and then place the olives down the center.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.