- 4 bananas
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted coconut or 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts (or 1/4 cup of each)
- Peel the bananas and cut them in half crosswise so that you now have 2 short pieces.
- Insert an ice-cream stick or half of a bamboo skewer into each piece so that it has a handle.
- Wrap each banana half in a piece of aluminum foil and place in the freezer until frozen solid, 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- Place the cream in a small saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Remove from the heat.
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium mixing bowl, then carefully pour the hot cream over the chips. Let the chocolate and cream sit undisturbed for a minute or two, then stir with a small spoon or rubber spatula until the mixture is blended and smooth and the chocolate is completely melted, about 2 minutes.
- Place the toasted coconut in a small mixing bowl.
- If using nuts, chop into small pieces and place in a small mixing bowl.
- Remove the bananas from the freezer and unwrap.
- Cover a small baking sheet with waxed paper or aluminum foil.
- Holding the stick or skewer, dip one banana half in the melted chocolate and cream until completely coated.
- Sprinkle the coated banana with about 1 tablespoon of either the toasted coconut or the chopped peanuts.
- Set the banana on the covered baking sheet and repeat with the remaining bananas and coatings.
- Serve immediately or cover tightly and return the bananas to the freezer until ready to serve.
- Be careful when pouring the hot cream over the chocolate chips!
Go Nuts For Banana Bread
Good For You Garden Pita Pockets With Egg Salad
Big Chocolate Chip Cookies
Jessieís Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Just Like Momís Cupcakes With Vanilla And Chocolate Icings
Fondue For You
Chicken Nuggets With Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Chocolate Cookie-peanut Butter Banana Pie
You Gotta Love Spaghetti And Meatballs
Make 'em Pancakes