- 2 Rome or Fuji apples
- 2 Golden Delicious apples
- 1 1/2 cups toasted walnut pieces
- 2 stalks celery, trimmed and sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place the apples on a cutting board and core. Cut one apple in half. Place one apple half, flat side down, on the cutting board and cut lengthwise into quarters. Cut the quarters into 1/2-inch pieces and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Repeat with the other apple half and the remaining apples.
- Add the walnuts, celery, raisins, mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, and salt, and stir well.
- Serve immediately or cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
- Lemon juice is often added to cut-up fruitólemons contain a special acid, called citric acid, which prevents fruit from turning brown. The juice of other citrus fruits (like oranges and limes), as well as pineapple juice and the juice of some berries, will have the same effect.
Nutty Buttery Green Beans
Apple Of My Eye Crisp
Wake You Up Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Dress Up Pasta Salad
Good For You Garden Pita Pockets With Egg Salad
Simply Sensational Tuna Salad
You Pick The Greens Salad With Three Simple Dressings
Your Favorite Fruit Salad
Chicken Nuggets With Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Candy Bar Stuffed Baked Apples