- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk or 2 1/4 cups whole milk
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the sifted dry ingredients along with the melted butter and whisk lightly, just to combine. Be careful not to overmixóand donít worry if there are still some lumps in the batter.
- Let the batter rest for at least 15 minutes, or tightly cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200?F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Melt 1 teaspoon of the cold butter in the skillet.
- With a measuring cup or small ladle, spoon about 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet for each pancake, fitting up to 3 pancakes in the pan without overcrowding. Cook until bubbles form on the surface, about 3 to 4 minutes. (The time will depend on your stove as well as what size skillet you use!) With a plastic turner, carefully turn the pancakes one at a time, and cook until golden brown on the second side, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the pancakes with the turner and place them on a baking sheet. Cover the sheet loosely with aluminum foil and place in the preheated oven to keep these pancakes warm while you cook the remaining pancakes. (Remember to add butter as needed to the skillet before pouring more batter.)
- If you want to kick things up a bit, you can add chopped fruit or nuts (or both!) to the pancake batter. Some of my favorite additions are mashed bananas and chopped walnuts, chopped strawberries, or whole blueberries or raspberries. You can even eat your pancakes with fruit jam layered between them instead of syrup! Some folks I know like to roll their pancakes up around breakfast sausages, too.
Bread 'em And Bake 'em Pork Chops
Make Lots Of Friends Oven Baked French Fries
Make You Strong Spinach
Make Your Own Baked Potatoes With Special Sauce
Make Yourself Some Applesauce
German Apple Pancake
Chicken Nuggets With Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
You Gotta Love Spaghetti And Meatballs
Emerilized Tuna Casserole
Baby Bam Burgers