- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- Three and one-half cups milk
- 1 bay leaf
- One-half teaspoon dried thyme
- One-half teaspoon dried marjoram
- 8 peppercorns
- 1 small can Ortega chilies
- 1 (16-ounce) can tomatillos
- 3 small boxes frozen corn (30 ounces total)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- One-half teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
- Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped, for garnish
- Heat the butter in a medium-size skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until soft and lightly golden, about 5 minutes. Heat the milk in a saucepan. Add the bay leaf, thyme, marjoram, and the peppercorns. Just before the milk comes to a boil, add the onions, remove from the heat and cover.
- In a food processor, puree the chilies, tomatillos and 2 boxes of the corn.
- Add the pureed mixture and the remaining box of corn to the milk mixture. Simmer over very low heat for 30 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Pour the soup into individual bowls over cubes of cheddar. Garnish with the cilantro. Serve with warm crusty bread.
- Make 4 to 6 servings
Adrienne's Seekh Kebab
Adrienne's Corn Bread With Matos Cheese
Adrienne's Potato Gratinee
Adrienne's Cracked Crab With Curried Dipping Sauce
Adrienne's Jimtown Olive Spread
Adrienne's Rustic Chicken Liver Pate With Crostini
Adrienne's Chocolate Essencia Mousse
Adrienne's Pasta With Green Beans, Potatoes And Pesto
Adrienne's Holiday Fennel Sausage Stuffing
Adrienne's Almond Chocolate Truffles