- 4 pounds butternut squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet or baking dish and place the squash cut side down. Pierce each squash half several times with a fork or skewer and bake, covered with foil, until tender, about 45 minutes – 1 hour. Allow the squash to cool slightly before handling. Using a large spoon, scrape out the cooked squash meat, discarding the peel.
- In a large heavy stockpot, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the onions, bay leaves and sugar, and cook, stirring, until the onions are soft and lightly golden, about 10 minutes. Add the minced ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the butternut squash puree, chicken stock, salt and white pepper, and stir to mix. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the soup is thickened and slightly reduced, about 30 – 45 minutes. With a handheld immersion blender, or in batches in a food processor, puree the soup on high speed. Stir in the cream and continue to cook over medium low heat for an additional 5 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaves and adjust the seasoning to taste. Ladle the soup into bowls, garnishing each with a dollop of chutney and serve.
Baked Butternut Squash With Italian Sausage Stuffing
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Smoked Sausage, Butternut Squash And Wild Rice Soup
Butternut Squash And Apple Soup With Bacon
Butternut Squash And Italian Sausage Soup
Roasted Butternut Squash Custard Pie With A Pecan Crust
Truffle Stuffed Chicken Legs In Puff Pastry With Candied Butternut Squash
Butternut Squash And Hvc Chocolate Bars
Butternut Squash Spaetzle
Pork Wellington With Onion Applesauce And Candied Butternut Squash