- 1 basic pie pastry, blind-baked in a 9-inch pie pan and cooled
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten until frothy
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Limoncello, or other lemon-flavored liqueur, or lemon extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a heavy 2-quart saucepan, bring the water to a boil. In a small bowl, combine the flour and sugar, tossing with a fork to blend. Add the flour-sugar mixture to boiling water and cook, whisking often, until thickened, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and slowly add the eggs, whisking vigorously. Return to medium-low heat and cook, whisking, until velvety smooth, about 3 minutes. Add the vinegar and lemon extract and whisk just to blend.
- Pour into the cooled pastry shell and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
Dried Cranberry Vinegar
Seared Quail With Cranberry Vinegar Reduction
Fish With Vinegar Chips And Tartar Sauce
Fried Vinegar Chips
Roasted Squab With Poached Garlic, Garlic Cream Potatoes And Vinegar Meat Jus
Arugula And Parmigiano-reggiano Cheese Salad With 25 Year Old Balsamic Vinegar
Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie With Chocolate Sauce
Peanut Butter Pie