- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne
- 2 pounds zucchini, trimmed and chopped
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Chopped cilantro, garnish
- Fried pappadums, or toasted pita triangles, accompaniment
- In a medium pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the curry powder, salt, and cayenne, stir, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the zucchini, reduce to medium heat, and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the zucchini is very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. With a hand-held immersion blender, or in batches in a food processor, puree the soup. Return to medium heat and stir in the cream. Simmer for 3 minutes. Adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Pour into a clean container and let cool slightly. Refrigerate until well chilled, 4 to 6 hours.
- To serve, ladle into large cups, garnish with cilantro, and serve with hot pappadums or pita toast. This soup may be served hot or cold.
Tomato Soup With Baby Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Melon Soup With Prosciutto Breadsticks
Emeril's Favorite Tortilla Soup
Cold Zucchini And Fresh Basil Soup
Cold Cream Of Zucchini And Watercress Soup
Thai Curry And Shrimp Soup
Curried Pumpkin Soup With Tortellini
Curried Squash Soup
Curried Pea Soup With Frizzed Ginger
Curried Pumpkin Soup