- 1 6- to 10-pound crown roast of pork (to serve 6 to 10) (5 pound roast is about 10 to 12 chops, serving 6)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped sage
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 1 1/4 cups dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place the roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Rub all over with the olive oil and the garlic and season generously with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with fresh herbs and bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, basting frequently with wine, until a meat thermometer reads 150° to 160°F. (20 to 22 minutes per pound).
- Remove from oven and let rest at least 10 minutes before carving. Serve with Merliton Stuffing and Homemade Applesauce.