- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds cleaned skate wing fillets cut into 4 equal portions
- Salt and pepper
- Seasoned flour for dredging
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 tablespoons butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Season skate with salt and pepper on both sides and dredge in flour to lightly coat, shaking off any excess flour. In a large skillet add vegetable oil and heat until hot but not smoking. Add 2 tablespoons of the butter and, when melted, sauté skate for 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown on both sides. Transfer to a warm plate and set aside while you make the sauce.
- With a paper towel carefully wipe out skillet and return to heat. When skillet is hot add remaining 6 tablespoons of butter and allow to cook until butter just begins to brown and has a nutty fragrance. Add lemon juice, parsley and capers and stir to combine well. Taste and season with salt and pepper and serve immediately over hot skate fillets.