- 1 cup salt
- 1/2 cup cracked black pepper
- 1 (about 5 to 7 pounds) veal rib roast, bone-in and trimmed
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 10 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 to 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary, leaves removed and stems discarded
- 1 cup Creole Mustard, or other whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heavily season the entire roast with kosher salt and pepper. Wrap the roast tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours. Remove the roast from the refrigerator, rinse off the salt and pat dry. Set aside. In a blender, combine the onions, garlic, rosemary, mustard and oil. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Using a pairing knife, make several slits in the veal roast. Stuff the slits and rub the entire veal roast with the mustard mixture.
- Place on a rack in a roasting pan and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 24 hours. Remove the roast from the refrigerator and discard the plastic wrap. Bring the roast to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Place in the oven and roast for 30 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350ºF and continue cooking for about 3 hours for medium rare. During the last half-hour of cooking, check the roast occasionally with a meat thermometer, when the temperature reaches 135ºF, remove from the oven. Allow the roast to rest for about 20 to 25 minutes for the perfect medium-rare.
- The cooking times may vary because one oven may cook differently then the other. Also if using a convection oven, the cooking time will be less. So that is why it is important to invest in a good meat thermometer instead of relying on cooking times.
- Carve the roast into individual servings and serve with the potatoes.
Grilled Double Cut Andouille Crusted Pork Chops With A Creole Mustard, Caramelized Onion Reduction Sauce
Rack Of Lamb With Creole Mustard Crust, Rosemary Jus, And Apple Mint Relish
Monster Herbed Veal Chops With Rosemary Potato Crisps And Roasted Shallot Sauce
Crawfish And Goat's Cheese Stuffed Leg Of Lamb With Rosemary Jus
Roasted Garlic White Pizza With Cheese Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Roasted Veal Roast With A Spicy Tomato Sauce And Creamy Pasta
Rosemary And Garlic Roast Leg Of Lamb
Rosemary And Salt Roasted Shrimp With Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce
Roasted Veal Loin Stuffed With Fontina Cheese And Truffles With A Mushroom Sauce
Garlic Schmeared Rosemary Roasted Chicken