- 2 cups walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 1/2 cups walnut oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups mixed spring lettuces, cleaned
- 6 fresh ripe pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound Maytag Farms blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Place the walnuts on a baking sheet and roast until golden, about 4 minutes. Remove from the oven and place in a medium mixing bowl. Add the vinegar, honey and shallots to the warm nuts. Allow to sit for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the lettuces with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Fan the pears over the bottom of each serving plate. Mound the greens in the center of the pears. Crumble the cheese over the greens. Garnish with black pepper and parsley.
Baby Arugula With Smithfield Ham, Maytag Blue Cheese And Fresh Fig Vinaigrette
Baby Arugula With Smithfied Ham, Maytag Blue Cheese, And Fresh Fig Vinaigrette
Poached Pears Stuffed With Maytag Blue Cheese And Roasted Walnuts Wrapped In Puff Pastry With Port Wine Reduction Sauce
Arugula, Radicchio, Endive, Roasted Walnut and Maytag Blue Cheese Salad
Blue Cheese Cheesecake With Baby Greens, Candied Walnuts And A Pear Vinaigrette
Canape Of Maytag Blue Cheese And Roasted Walnuts With A Caramelized Onion And Apple Relish
Watercress And Shoots Salad With Toasted Flax Seeds, Fresh Berries, Oka Cheese Croutons And Flax Seed Oil Vinaigrette
Stack Salad Of Creole Tomatoes And Vidalia Onions With A Maytag Blue Cheese Dressing
Smoked Salmon, Crispy Bacon And Maytag Blue Cheese Salad
Native Greens Salad With Toasted Flax Seeds, Fresh Berries, Oka Cheese Croutons And Flax Seed Oil Vinaigrette