- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds fresh spinach, stemmed, cleaned and patted dry
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 cup Goatís cheese
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 2 cups mesclun greens, washed
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes
- Drizzle truffle oil
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of the oil. When the oil is hot, add the spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until wilted. Add the shallots and garlic. Continue to sauté for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and cool completely. In a mixing bowl, combine the wilted spinach and cheese. Mix well. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Stack the sheets of phyllo dough on top of each other and cut them into thirds. You will have a total of 12 sheets. Divide the sheets into four 3 sheet stacks. Lightly brush the top sheet of each stack with a teaspoon of vegetable oil. Put 1/4 cup of the spinach mixture on the bottom edge of each oiled sheet. Fold in the ends toward the center about 1/4-inch. Then, beginning at the bottom, roll up the phyllo securely, pressing to close. Lightly brush each strudel with the remaining oil.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Place the strudels on the paper about 2 inches apart and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven. Cut each strudel in half diagonally and serve warm.
- In a bowl, toss together the mesclun and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and toss with the truffle oil. Make a bed of salad on a plate. Serve the warm strudels on top of the salad.
Fresh Spinach Salad With Tear Drop Tomatoes And Goat's Cheese
Lasagna Of Fresh Spinach, Corn And Crab With A Goat's Cheese Sauce
Emeril's Egg Benedict With Country Ham, Poached Eggs And Fresh Herb Hollandaise
Warm Spinach Salad With A Fire-roasted Corn And Crispy Pancetta Dressing And Crumbled Goat's Cheese
Goat Cheese Gnocchi And Warm Spinach Salad With Caramelized Onion And Andouille Vinaigrette
Spinach Salad With Andouille Dressing And Three Nut Crusted Goat's Cheese
Spinach, Mushroom, And Red Pepper Strudel
Fresh Spinach And Oyster Rissoles
Lump Crabmeat And Fresh Florida Hearts Of Palm Strudel With A Sweet Corn Remoulade
Potato And Goat Cheese Gratin