- 1 pound baby leeks, cleaned
- Drizzle olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (4 to 6 ounces) pompano fillets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat, picked over for cartilage
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, green part only
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- EMERILíS CREOLE SEASONING:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 pound butter, cold and cubed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Season the leeks with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast until tender, about 30 minutes. Season both sides of the pompano fillets with Creole seasoning. In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the fillets. Cook on 1 side, flip over and remove from the heat. In a mixing bowl, combine the crabmeat, green onions, garlic, mayonnaise, and bread crumbs. Season with Creole seasoning and mix well. Spread a quarter of the crab filling over each fillet. Place in the oven and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- For the sauce: In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine the shallots, garlic and wine. Bring to a boil and reduce by half. Whisk in the butter, 1 cube at a time, until all of the butter is Incorporated and the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Strain through a fine mesh sieve. Season with salt and pepper. Add the parsley and mix well.
- To serve, lay the fillets in the center of each serving plate. Place the baby leeks around the fillets. Drizzle the sauce over the entire plate. Garnish with parsley.
- EMERIL’S CREOLE SEASONING: Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Yield: 2/3 cup
Grilled Gulf Pompano With Shrimp Lemon Butter Sauce And Lemon Braised Leeks
Pecan Crusted Trigger Fish With A Roasted Pecan Vegetable Relish, Meuniere Sauce And A Pile Of Shoestring Potatoes
Citrus Crusted Pompano With Grapefruit Butter Sauce
Blue Cheese Butter Spread, And Blue Cheese Butter Stuffed Chicken Breasts With Butter Infused Pan Sauce
Pompano With Potato Crust And Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Herb Encrusted Roast Leg Of Lamb With Garlic Roasted Baby Potatoes
Redfish Baked In A Foil Pouch With Cashew Garlic Butter, Baby Spinach And Warm Potato Salad
Grilled Spiny Lobster With A Warm Tomato Salad, Garlic Creamed New Potatoes And A Drizzle Of White Truffle Oil
Rosemary And Salt Roasted Shrimp With Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce
Cipollini Stuffed Chicken Breasts And Poached Leeks With A Dijon Vinaigrette