- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
- 8 sprigs fresh mint
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Whip the egg yolks and 1 cup of the sugar until it reaches the ribbon stage. Add the flour and mix well. Whisk in the lemon juice, salt, and milk until completely combined. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add 1/2 cup of the sugar, and whip until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the lemon mixture. Pour the batter into a parchment lined 9 by 13-inch cake pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove the cake from the oven and let cool slightly, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Place a piece of plastic wrap over the pudding cake and flip it onto a flat surface. Cut into 8 (3-inch) circles with a ring cutter.
- To prepare the sauce: Reserve 16 raspberries for a garnish. Puree the remaining raspberries with the remaining 1/4 cup sugar for 2 minutes or until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve.
- To serve, spoon some of the raspberry sauce in the center of each plate and top with a circle of pudding cake. Place 2 raspberries and a mint sprig in the center of each cake.
Roasted Balsamic Poussin With A Fresh Tomato And Eggplant Gratin
Raspberries Macerated In Wine Mille Feuille With A Lemon Chantilly Cream
Fresh Peach Fried Pies With A Cinnamon Crust And Roasted Peach And Raspberry Ice Cream
Raspberry Crumb Coffee Cake With Vermont Maple Frosting
Molten Chocolate Cakes With Raspberries And Cream
Angel Food Cake With A Fresh Lemon Curd
Fresh Coconut Cake With A Lemon Cream Cheese Filling And Boiled Icing
Lemon Pound Cake With Lemon Curd
King Cake Bread Pudding With Blackberry Compote And Lemon Goat Cheese Ice Cream
Goat's Cheesecake With Fresh Lemon Curd And Berries