- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- Crushed red pepper
- 1/2 pound skinless chicken breast, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped green pimento stuffed olives
- 3 tablespoons seedless raisins, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes and drained
- 2 hard boiled eggs, finely chopped
- EMPANADA DOUGH:
- 1 cup masa harina
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lard
- 1 cup warm water
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions. Season with salt and crushed red pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add the chicken. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and turn into a mixing bowl. Add the garlic, green onions, olives, raisins and eggs. Season with salt. Mix well. On a floured surface, roll the dough out to a circle, 1/8-inch thick. Using a 4-inch round cutter, cut the dough into individual circles. Press the remaining dough together and repeat the above process.
- Preheat the fryer.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of the filling in the center of each circle. Lightly wet the edges of the dough with water. Fold the dough over, forming a half-moon, using your fingers, seal the edges completely and crimp the sides of the dough. Place the finished empanadas on a parchment lined baking sheet. Fry in batches until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with salt. Serve warm on a large platter.
- Garnish with parsley.
- EMPANADA DOUGH: In a mixing bowl combine the masa harina, flour, cornmeal and baking powder. Season with the salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Cream in the lard and add the water a little at a time, working the mixture until all is completely incorporated. Using your hands, form the dough into a log about 12 inches long by 3 inches across and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
Grilled Argentinian Beef With Chimichurri† Sauce And Fried Potatoes
Spicy Duck Empanadas With Gravy
Chorizo And Potato Fritta
Spicy Beef Empanadas With Fire Sauce And Cilantro Cream
Honey-butter Baked Chicken With Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Jesse's Chicken Enchiladas
No Poach Chicken
Bong Bong Chicken