- 12 flour tortillas
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup creme fr‚iche
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and diced
- 1 ear sweet corn, fire roasted and kernels removed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ROASTED PORK AND CARAMELIZED ONION FILLING:
- 1 (5 to 5 1/2 pound) pork butt, bone in, untrimmed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1/2 pound queso Fresco cheese or any meltable white cheese, such as Monterey Jack
- CORN AND GOAT QUESO:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 4 cups fresh sweet corn kernels, from 2 medium-size ears
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 medium-size fresh jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 pound goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the fryer.
- Fill each flour tortilla with 1/4 cup of the filling. Fold the sides in and roll the tortilla up. Secure each tortilla with 2 toothpicks. Fry a couple of the chimichangas at a time until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with salt. To serve, place each chimichanga on a serving plate. Spoon some of the Corn and Goat Cheese Queso over the top. Garnish with a dollop of cream frâiche, avocados, fire roasted corn kernels and parsley.
- ROASTED PORK AND CARAMELIZED ONION FILLING: Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper. Place in a medium roasting pan and add 1/2 cup of water. Place in the oven and roast for 1 hour. Reduce the heat to 350ºF and continue to cook for 3 hours. Remove from the oven and cool completely. In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until the onions are caramelized, about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and cool completely. When the pork is cool, remove any excess fat and the bone. Shred the meat into bite-size pieces. In a mixing bowl, combine the pork, onions, chilies and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Yield: about 3 1/2 cups
- CORN AND GOAT QUESO: In a medium size saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion, corn, salt and cayenne and cook, stirring, for about 6 minutes. Add the garlic and jalapeno, stir to mix, and cook for 2 minutes. Add the cheese and cream and stir until the cheese melts completely. Reseason if necessary. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Yield: about 4 1/2 cups
Roasted Pork And Caramelized Onion Filling
Roasted Pork Enchiladas
Roasted Pork Risotto With Fried Quail Eggs
Shredded Pork Flautas With Roasted Tomatillo Salsa And Corn And Goat's Cheese Queso
Paneed Pork Loin And Mashed Root Vegetables With A Roasted Cipollini And Field Pea Relish
Roasted Pork Tacos With Green Mole Sauce And A Cinnamon And Apple Relish
Caramelized Roasted Skillet Pork Chops With A Steen's Marinade
Roasted Pork Butt
Garlic Roasted Pork Loin With Raspberry Chipotle Glaze