- FOR THE DOUGH:
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 2 pounds white potatoes, peeled, cooked until tender and cooled
- 1/4 pound farmers cheese or cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup pickled red onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- In a mixing bowl, combine the water, oil and egg. Mix well. Add the salt and 3 cups of the flour. Mix until the dough comes together and form a smooth ball. **If the dough is too sticky-add a little more flour, about 1/4 cup at a time. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- For the filling: Pass the potatoes through a hand ricer. In a bowl combine the potatoes, cheese and oil. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and roll to a square, about 14 inches and 1/4-inch thick. Cut the dough into3 inch squares. Place a spoonful of the filling in the center of each square. Wet the edges of the dough with a little water and fold the dough over to form triangle. Seal the edges completely. Bring a pot of salt water to a boil. Add the triangles and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until the triangles float for 1 minute. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- In a large skillet, melt half of the butter. Pan-fry the dumplings in batches. Cook until golden both sides, about 2 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with salt. Serve warm with the sour cream and pickled red onions.
Potato And Goat Cheese Gratin
Kicked Up Bacon Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Grilled Filet of Beef with Blue Cheese Glacage, Bacon and Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes and a Drizzle of Emeril's Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Oven Fried Potato And Sweet Potato Chips With Creamy Oven Cooked Bacon Dip
Kicked-Up Sausage Macaroni and Cheese
Roasted Rack Of Lamb With Goat's Cheese Potatoes And Sauce P…rigueux