- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onions
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne
- 1/3 cup very finely grated Parmesan cheese, or crumbled goat cheese
- 1 1/2 cups fresh parsley leaves
- Toasted pita bread triangles or 1/2-inch thick lightly toasted French bread
- In a blender or bowl of a small food processor, combine the parsley, 1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a blender or small food processor.
- Process on high speed for 30 seconds. Add the remaining 1/3 cup oil with the motor running and process until smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Place the beans in a colander and rinse under cold running water. Drain.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the garlic and cook until soft and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the drained beans, 4 teaspoons of the lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, the black pepper and cayenne, and cook, stirring, until softened and warmed through, 3 minutes. Place pita bread on the grill and cook.
- Remove from the pan and transfer to a decorative platter. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle the parsley pesto over the beans and serve with the toast for dipping.
White Bean Salad With Parsley Pesto
Fennel, Orange, Spinach And Olive Salad With Shaved Parmesan
Pan Sauteed Scallops With Fresh Herb Pasta Salad And A Parsley Coulis
Funky Pesto With Green Beans
Adrienne's Pasta With Green Beans, Potatoes And Pesto
Pasta Salad with Arugula Pesto, Grilled Chicken Breasts, and Feta
Spicy Seared Tuna With Red Bean Sauce And Fried Herb Salad
Arugula And Goat Cheese Salad With Vanilla Bean Oil
Cold Lobster And Vanilla Bean Salad Over Fresh Maiche With Toasted Croutons
Hilda's Salt Cod Fritters With Parsley Sauce