- 6 ounces Chorizo sausage, removed from casings and chopped
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- One 10-ounce packages fresh spinach, stems removed and rinsed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the chorizo until brown and the fat is rendered, about 4 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- To the oil in the pan, add the onion, bell pepper, salt and red pepper flakes, and cook until the onion is soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and chickpeas, and cook, stirring, until the peas just begin to turn golden, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Arrange one-third of the spinach in a casserole dish. Pour half of the chickpea mixture over the spinach, and top with another layer of spinach leaves. Pour the remaining chickpeas on top, and top with the remaining spinach. Pour the white wine over the top, cover and bake until the chickpeas are tender and the spinach is wilted, about 15 minutes, adding more wine or water as necessary.
Garbanzo Beans And Spinach Casserole
Spinach and Rice Casserole with Feta and Toasted Walnuts
Spinach, Mushroom, And Artichoke Casserole
Emerilized Green Bean Casserole
Emerilized (from Scratch) Green Bean Casserole
Lamb And White Bean Casserole
Summer Squash And Zucchini Casserole
Shrimp And Mirliton Casserole
Risotto And Wild Mushroom Casserole
Ma Ma's Mirliton, Shrimp And Crabmeat Casserole