- One 3 to 4-pound fish, such as Rocaz (Atlantic Ocean perch)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Essence
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups chopped, seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced yellow onions
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced oregano
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Put the fish in a large colander and rinse under cold running water. Pat dry with papers towels and transfer to a large non-reactive baking dish. Make 5 horizontal 3-inch slits on each side. Season both sides of the fish with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of Essence.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil with the tomatoes, onions, wine, garlic, parsley, oregano, remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon of Essence, and paprika. Arrange half of the tomato mixture under the fish, lay the fish on top, and arrange the remaining tomato mixture over the top. Bake until the juices run clear and the onions are beginning to crisp and slightly blacken along the edges, about 40 minutes, basting occasionally with the pan juices. Remove from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes.
- With two spoons, loosen the head from the body of the fish, lift away and discard. Run one of the spoons along the spine of the fish, and gently break the flesh into two fillets. Lift the fillets onto the serving platter. Carefully lift the spine and other bones out of the fish and discard.
- Place the remaining fish fillets on the platter and serve with the tomato topping.
Whole Fish Baked In Tomatoes, Onions, And Garlic
Seafood Stew With Sausage, Tomatoes, Herbs And Wine
Tomato And Fresh Cheese Curd Salad
Grilled Sea Scallops With Pasta Rags, Homemade Pesto, Current Tomatoes, Fresh Asparagus And Chantrelle Mushrooms
Hearts Of Palm Salad With Vine Ripened Tomatoes, Oranges, Bibb Lettuce, Shaved Fennel, And Fried Soft Shell Crabs With Cucumber Yogurt Dressing
Bay Scallop Salad With Pancetta, Tomatoes, And White Wine Vinaigrette
Caramelized Onion, Rosemary And Fresh Tomato Bread
Port Wine, Red Onion, Garlic And Olive Oil Marinated And Grilled Flank Steak
Emeril's Shrimp And Pasta With Garlic, Lemon, Crushed Red Pepper, And Green Onions
Fish Tacos With Chipotle Crema And Roasted Tomato Salsa