- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into 10 pieces
- 4 6-ounce monkfish fillets
- 2 teaspoons Essence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 thin bacon slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small, heavy saucepan, combine the vinegar, wine, shallots and peppercorns. Bring to a boil over high heat, and cook until the reduced to about 1/2 cup in volume, about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Season the monkfish lightly on both sides with the Essence and salt. Place 2 slices of bacon on a flat surface. Lay 1 fillet on top, skin-side down, and wrap the bacon completely around the fish. Secure with toothpicks, and set aside.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the fillets, skin-side down, and cook for 5 minutes on the first side. Turn the fillets and cook for an additional 5 minutes on the second side. Remove the fish to a platter and tent with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Strain the vinegar reduction into a clean saucepan. Bring the wine reduction to a simmer over medium-low heat. Whisk in the butter, one piece at a time, allowing each piece to become completely incorporated before adding the next piece. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon 1 tablespoon of sauce on the bottom of 4 serving plates, and place 1 bacon-wrapped monkfish fillet on top. Spoon the remaining sauce over the fish, and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Bacon Wrapped Monkfish With Beurre Rouge
Salmon With Beurre Rouge And Red Wine Braised Endive
Bacon Wrapped Monkfish Served Peasant Style
Wok Seared Monkfish
Homemade Andouille Stuffed, Bacon Wrapped Double Cut Pork Chops With Awesome Ham Hock Gravy
Bacon Wrapped Trout With Tomato Thyme Butter Sauce
Kicked-up Smoked Salmon And Scallop Koulibiaca With Spinach And Black Truffles Wrapped In Phyllo W/truffle Beurre Blanc
Roasted Rainbow Trout With A Lump Crab Meat And Grilled Asparagus Relish With A Lemon Beurre Blanc