- Basic Pizza Dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces exotic mushrooms, such as chanterelle, shiitake or wood ear, rinsed well, dried and thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cups thin strips prosciutto (about 4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons white truffle oil
- 6 ounces soft mild goat cheese such as Montrachet, crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
- 6 ounces Fontina cheese, grated (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 ounces thinly sliced Teleme cheese
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, just until their juice has evaporated, stirring from time to time, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool. With your hands, gently stretch one dough disk to a 6-inch round. Place the dough round on a lightly greased baking sheet, and pat out to a 10- to 12-inch round, about 1/8-inch thick. Repeat with the remaining dough disk.
Top each piece of dough with half of the mushrooms, half of the proscuitto, and 1 tablespoon of truffle oil. Sprinkle the cheeses over the mushrooms, and bake until the dough is brown and the cheese is bubbly, about 15 minutes, switching the pans between the racks after 7 minutes.
Confit Of Wild And Exotic Mushrooms With Pasta Rags, White Truffle Oil, Shaved Truffles, And Parmigiano-reggiano Cheese
Three Cheese Veggie Sandwich
Savory Wild Mushroom Bread Pudding
Fried Fresh Mozzarella Cheese With A Mushroom Ragu, Shaved Truffles And A Drizzle Of White Truffle Oil
Confit Of Exotic Mushrooms With Fresh Angel Hair Pasta Tossed In Truffle Oil With Shaved Truffles And Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
Wild Mushroom Smothered Steaks
Pizzazy Pizza Sandwiches
New York Style Thin Crust Pizza
Monster Cookie Pizza
Everyone Loves Cornbread