- 5 pounds very lean beef or venison, trimmed of all fat
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablepoons Emerilís Original Essence
- Cut the meat into strips 1-inch wide and 1/2-inch thick, and set aside.
- In a bowl blend the seasonings. Season the meat strips on one side, then turn and season the second side. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Cook the meat until it is completely dried, 6 to 8 hours, turning as needed to dry uniformly. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Eat as desired, or keep tightly covered, refrigerated, for up to 1 month.
- Note: If you like crunchy jerky, slice your meat across the grain; if you like it chewy, cut long strips with the grain.
Homemade Beef Jerky
Navaho Fry Bread
Roast Beef, Arugula, And Blue Cheese Sandwiches On Homemade Rosemary Focaccia Bread With Roasted Red Bell Pepper Dressing
Grilled Filet of Beef with Blue Cheese Glacage, Bacon and Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes and a Drizzle of Emeril's Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Cold Spinach-stuffed Beef Tenderloin
Beef Prosciutto (dry Cured)
Seared Beef Carpaccio With Shaved Fresh Artichokes And A Drizzle Of Truffle Oil
Creole Mustard And Herb Wrapped Beef Tenderloin