- FOR THE PEARS:
- 2 medium ripe, firm pears, stems removed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- FOR THE NAPOLEONS:
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup Muscat de Beaune de Venise, or other sweet, white dessert white, such as White Port or Sauterne
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup melted bittersweet chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 200° F.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine the sugar and water, and dissolve, stirring, over medium-low heat. Add the lemon juice and cardamom, and stir. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- With a mandoline or other slicing machine, thinly slice the pears lengthwise to 1/8-inch thickness. Dip the pear slices in the syrup and shake to remove any excess. Arrange the slices tightly in a single layer on the baking sheets. Bake in the oven until crisp, about 2 to 3 hours, switching the baking sheets several times during the cooking process.
- FOR THE NAPOLEONS: In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup of the sugar and the wine, and dissolve, stirring, over medium-low heat, and slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
- In a bowl whip the heavy cream until it is nearly doubled in volume. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and whip until it forms stiff peaks.
- Combine the raspberries and syrup in a bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of chocolate on the bottom of a dessert plate, and top with a pear slice. Layer with a tablespoon of cream, fresh raspberries, a teaspoon of chocolate, and a pear slice, and repeat to make 6 layers in all, finishing with raspberries and chocolate on top. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, to make 4 napoleons in all.
Raspberry And Dried Pear Napoleons
Crabmeat And Baby Asparagus Napoleons
English Trifle With Poached Pears And Raspberries
Apple, Pear, And Raspberry Stew With Oatmeal Dumplings
Seared Duck Breast With Pear And Dried Cherry Compote With Shallot Reduction
Pear, Stilton, And Walnut Souffles With Pear Compote
Fresh Peach Fried Pies With A Cinnamon Crust And Roasted Peach And Raspberry Ice Cream
Mango Frozen Yogurt And Raspberry Parfaits
White Chocolate And Fresh Raspberry Terrine
Chocolate Mint And Raspberry Tisane