- 5 ounces raw pancetta, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 pound fresh spaghetti, cooked until tender
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade basil
- 4 ounces freshly grated pecorino
- In large sautÈ pan, over medium heat, cook pancetta until crisp, about 6 minutes. Remove to paper towel lined plate.
- Add olive oil to sautÈ pan and heat over medium heat. Add onions to sautÈ pan. Season with salt and pepper. SautÈ until wilted, about 4 minutes.
- Add the wine and continue to cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and reserved pancetta back to pan. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the pasta with the tomato sauce, basil, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
Carciofi Alla Giudia: Sephardic Style Artichokes
Classic Spaghetti Carbonara
Chicken Cacciatore With Spaghetti
Abbacchio O Capretto Brodettato: Baby Lamb With Egg Sauce
Ricotta Fritta: Ricotta Fritters
Pasta Rags Emilia Romagna Style With Prosciutto Di Parma
You Gotta Love Spaghetti And Meatballs