- 1 pound fresh pasta sheets
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 cup olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 24 fresh sea scallops, cleaned
- 1 pint tear or pear tomatoes, red or yellow
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, blanched
- 1 pound fresh chanterelle mushrooms, cleaned
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Tear the pasta into 1-inch pieces. Drizzle a little olive oil into the water and add the pasta. Cook until tender, about 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from the water and drain. In a mixing bowl, toss the pasta with a tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In the cup of an electric blender, combine the basil, nuts, garlic and cheese. Blend thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper. With the blender running, slowly drizzle in 1 cup of the oil. The mixture will be thick. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill.
- Season the scallops with a tablespoon of the olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the scallops on the grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until the scallops are firm to the touch. In a sauté pan, over medium heat, add the remaining tablespoon of the oil. When the oil is hot, add the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add the asparagus and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to sauté for 3 to 4 minutes or until the mushrooms are wilted. In a large mixing bowl, toss the pasta with the vegetables and pesto. Mix well. Add the cheese and mix well. Readjust the seasonings if needed. Mound the pasta in the center of each serving plate. Lay the scallops over the pasta. Garnish with parsley.
Confit Of Wild And Exotic Mushrooms With Pasta Rags, White Truffle Oil, Shaved Truffles, And Parmigiano-reggiano Cheese
Pasta Salad with Arugula Pesto, Grilled Chicken Breasts, and Feta
Grilled Escolar With A Saute Of Fresh Asparagus, Baby Morels And Currant Tomatoes
Gulf Shrimp And Fresh Fettuccini With Tomato, Mushrooms, And Truffle Oil
Bay Scallop Salad With Pancetta, Tomatoes, And White Wine Vinaigrette
Chicken Confit And Asparagus With Pasta Rags
Scallop Dumplings With Asian Slaw And Chili Butter Sauce
Pasta Rags with Chicken Confit, Asparagus, and Teardrop Tomatoes
Black Pepper Crusted Sea Scallops With A Crab Meat And Fiddlehead Fern Relish With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Hearts Of Palm Salad With Vine Ripened Tomatoes, Oranges, Bibb Lettuce, Shaved Fennel, And Fried Soft Shell Crabs With Cucumber Yogurt Dressing