- 4 cups assorted fresh wild mushrooms, such as chanterelles, shiitakes, or portobellos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped tasso
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- Coarsely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Place the mushrooms in a large bowl and toss with the oil and 3 tablespoons of the Creole Seasoning.
- Heat a large heavy dry skillet over high heat until very hot. Add the mushrooms, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Uncover and cook, shaking and tossing the skillet, for 2 minutes. Add tasso, green onions, shallots, and garlic and toss well. Stir in the cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain. Fold in the pasta and the remaining 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning and heat for 2 minutes. Makes about 7 cups.
- To serve, mound 1 3/4 cups of angel hair, mushrooms, and tasso into each of 4 shallow bowls. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Note: Tasso is a well-seasoned, smoked Cajun ham. It can be ordered by mail, or substitute another highly spiced, smoked ham.
Portobello Mushrooms, Angel Hair Pasta, And Fresh† Tomato Sauce
Angel Hair Pasta with Smoky Mushrooms and Tasso
Crab And Wild Mushroom Cheesecake With Green Onion Coulis
Escolar Stew With Saffron Broth And Wild Mushrooms
Lobster With Champagne Vanilla Sauce And Wild Mushroom Salad
Quail Milton With Wild Mushroom Andouille Duxelles And Port Wine Sauce
Veal With Artichokes And Wild Mushrooms
Fried Wild Mushroom Salad With Wild Mushroom Dressing
Wild Mushroom Smothered Steaks
Wild Mushroom Andouille Duxelles