- 8 veal medallions (2 to 3 ounces each), pounded about 1/4 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups sliced assorted fresh wild mushrooms
- 1 cup blanched quartered artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut up, at room temperature
- Place the veal medallions on a flat surface, sprinkle them on both sides with the Essence, and press the seasoning into the meat evenly.
- Heat the oil in a large nonreactive skillet over high heat. Add the veal, shallots, garlic, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, green onions, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn the veal, placing it on top of the vegetables. Stir in the lemon juice and the white wine and cook for 1 minute. Remove the veal and set aside. Cook the vegetables for 1 minute. Whisk in the cream and butter and bring to a boil. Return the veal to the skillet for 1 minute and remove from the heat. Remove the veal with tongs. You should have about 2 cups of the sauce and vegetables.
- To serve, place 2 veal medallions on each of 4 plates and smother with 1/2 cup of the sauce.
Lobster With Champagne Vanilla Sauce And Wild Mushroom Salad
Quail Milton with Wild Mushroom-Andouille Duxelles and Port Wine Sauce
Escolar Stew With Saffron Broth And Wild Mushrooms
Crab And Wild Mushroom Cheesecake With Green Onion Coulis
Fried Wild Mushroom Salad With Wild Mushroom Dressing
Monster Herbed Veal Chops With Rosemary Potato Crisps And Roasted Shallot Sauce
Wild Mushroom Smothered Steaks
Wild Mushrooms, Tasso, And Angel Hair Pasta
Shrimp And Artichoke Risotto
Wild Mushroom Andouille Duxelles