- 8 to 10 cups vegetable oil
- 6 cups very thinly sliced unpeeled red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oil in a large pot over high heat. When the oil is very hot (375ºF), add the potatoes slowly, separating the slices with a spoon, and fry for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350ºF, or medium, and fry for 3 minutes, stirring to keep the slices separated and frying evenly. Remove the slices to a basket and shake the excess oil back into the pot and turn off the heat. Spread the potato slices on a baking sheet and allow them to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to high under the oil. When the oil is very hot (375ºF), add the potatoes and fry for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to 350ºF, or medium, and fry until crisp and golden brown, for about 6 minutes. Remove the potatoes with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with the vinegar and salt and serve.
Beer Battered Fish With Twice-fried Vinegar Chips And Basil Mayonnaise
Stir Fried Sesame Vegetables
Chocolate Chip Pie With Bourbon Cream
Stir Fry Of Sesame Ginger Crawfish Over Fried Pasta
Albuquerque Roast Chicken With Black Bean Chili, Guacamole, And Fried Tortilla Strips
Chicken Fricassee With Fried Polenta
Cinnamon Rum Raisin Ice Cream With Fried Plantains And Spun Sugar
Fried Eggplant Salad With Sweet Corn Dressing
Fried Oysters With Horseradish Cream And Tomato Corn Salsa