- 4 ounces soft goat cheese, such as Montrachet
- 3 tablespoons roasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 huge soft-shell crabs, cleaned (have your fish market do this), and patted dry
- 1 1/3 cups Pesto Cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Emerilís Creole Seasoning
- In a bowl combine the goat cheese, pine nuts, basil, shallots, garlic, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon olive oil, and blend with a wooden spoon until smooth. Makes 1/2 cup stuffing mixture.
- Place the crabs belly-up on a flat surface. Lift the side of a crab to expose the underside of the shell (there is a natural pocket under the point of the shell). Spoon 1 tablespoon of the stuffing mixture into each of these pockets, with a total of 2 tablespoons per crab.
- Prepare the Pesto Cream, and keep warm.
- Combine the flour with the Creole Seasoning and dredge the crabs in the mixture.
- Heat the remaining 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet over high heat and sautÈ the crabs (shell side down first) until golden brown, for about 2 1/2 minutes on each side.
- To serve, spread 1/3 cup of the Pesto Cream on each of 4 plates and top with a crab.
Crab Stuffed Shrimp With Tomato Butter And White Bean Relish
Soft Shell Crab Po Boys
Goat Cheese Stuffed Soft Shell Crabs With A Pecan Pesto Butter Sauce
Stuffed Chicken Legs In Pastry With Andouille Cream
Grilled Soft-shell Crabs With Jumbo Lump Crabmeat
Salt Shell Snapper With Black Bean Chili
Pecan Crusted Lemonfish With Lemon Butter Sauce And Pecan Crab Relish
Cheese Stuffed Soft Shell Crabs With Grilled Tomato Basil Coulis, And Grilled Green Onions
Pork Roulade With Andouille Corn Bread Stuffing, Sage Jus, And Mango Chutney