- 2 tablespoons Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups peeled and diced pumpkin, seeds reserved (1/4-inch dice)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups Basic Chicken Stock
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Prepare the Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a soup pot over high heat. When the butter sizzles, add the pumpkin and sautÈ for 3 minutes. Add the onions and garlic and sautÈ for 2 minutes. Add the bay leaves, salt, and stock. Stir in the cinnamon, nutmeg, black pepper, and sugar and bring to a boil, whisking often to break up the pumpkin. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the pumpkin is very tender, for about 25 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the cream, and then the peanut butter. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Serve the soup in shallow bowls and sprinkle with the roasted pumpkin seeds and chopped green onions.
- Note: Preheat the oven to 350?F. Rinse the seeds clean of any pumpkin flesh. Combine the seeds with 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning per 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds, using your hands to coat the seeds evenly. Place on a baking sheet and bake until brown and crisp, for about 15 minutes. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 weeks.
Duck And Pumpkin Risotto With Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds And Duck Cracklings
Creole Callaloo With Roasted Red Pepper Rouille
Pumpkin Walnut Bread Pudding With Kentucky Bourbon Sauce
Andouille Gnocchi With Spicy Tomato Sauce
Spicy Beef Empanadas With Fire Sauce And Cilantro Cream
Spicy Salt Cod Cakes With Fondue Piquante And Fava Bean Relish
Spicy Chicken Rellenos with Tequila Lime Sauce
Roasted Shrimp With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce And Warm Frisee Corn Salad
Albuquerque Roast Chicken With Black Bean Chili, Guacamole, And Fried Tortilla Strips
Arugula With Cilantro Oil, Peppered Goat Cheese, And Roasted Walnuts