- 1 large baking potato
- 2 tablespoons butter, sliced into 8 thin pats
- 3/4 teaspoon salt: 10 turns freshly ground black pepper: 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Peel and thinly slice the potato.
- Place 1 pat of the butter in the bottom of each of ramekins. Press 2 slices of the potato on top of the butter, and sprinkle all 4 ramekins with a total of 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1 turn each of pepper. Add 2 slices of the shallot, 2 slices potato, 1 slice shallot, 1 slice potato, and 1 pat butter on each. Add another 1/4 teaspoon salt on all 4, and 1 turn each of pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the cream with the egg, garlic, nutmeg, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 2 turns black pepper. Whisk until thoroughly blended. Divide among the ramekins, pouring this custard over the potatoes and shallots.
- Place the ramekins in a 2-inch-deep roasting pan. Place the pan on the oven rack and carefully pour 1 inch of the water around the ramekins. Bake until golden brown, for about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature, for about 20 minutes. Slip the tip of a sharp knife around the side of each custard and turn the ramekins over to unmold. Serve immediately.
Curry Crusted Lamb Chops With Garlic Wine Sauce And Potato Shallot Custards
Monster Herbed Veal Chops With Rosemary Potato Crisps And Roasted Shallot Sauce
Herbed Shallot Sauce
Roasted Shallot Sauce
Unstuffed Pork Chops With Herbed Shallot Sauce
Pork Medallions With Braised Red And Green Cabbages And Roasted Shallots
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Rosemary Potato Crisps
Cilantro Potato Salad