- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoon (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted (1/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup Blackberry Coulis
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped with 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 2 teaspoon sugar
- Confectionersí sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly butter a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl combine the flour and 1 1/2 cups of the sugar, and mix well. Add the melted butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, and the 3 beaten egg yolks. Stir in the buttermilk.
- Beat the 3 egg whites with the remaining 1/4 cup sugar until stiff, and gently fold into the first mixture. Pour into the loaf pan, place the pan in a water bath (a larger baking dish with about an inch of hot water), and bake until brown on top and puffed above the rim of the loaf pan, for about 1 hour.
- About 10 minutes before the pudding is finished baking, prepare the Blackberry Coulis.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. To serve, spoon the pudding onto plates, add 2 tablespoons Blackberry Coulis around the pudding, and top with whipped cream and confectioners’ sugar.
Lemon Pudding With Blackberry Coulis
Fruit Terrine With Almond Cream And Three Fruit Coulis
Banana Chocolate Bread Pudding With Mint Créme Anglaise
Pumpkin Walnut Bread Pudding With Kentucky Bourbon Sauce
Three Fruit Coulis
Crab Cakes With Tomato Mustard Coulis
Smoked Salmon Cheesecake With Green Onions Coulis
Crab And Wild Mushroom Cheesecake With Green Onion Coulis
Feel Good Rice Pudding
Smoked Salmon Cakes With Lemon Dill Sauce