- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Pernod
- 24 Fried Oysters
- 4 cups assorted greens (arugula, frisÈe, radicchio, watercress, mustard, or other salad greens)
- 1/2 cup roasted pecan pieces
- Beat the egg in large bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil, then the buttermilk. Continue whisking as you add the garlic, green onions, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and Pernod. Whisk until thoroughly emulsified. Makes about 1 cup.
- Prepare the Fried Oysters and keep warm.
- Add the greens to the dressing in the bowl and toss. Add the pecan pieces and toss again.
- To serve, mound about 1 cup salad on each of 4 plates. Arrange 5 oysters around each mound of greens and place another oyster on top. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Note: Preheat the oven to 375?F. Place the pecans or other nuts on a baking sheet in the oven and roast until golden and fragrant, for about 5 to 6 minutes. Watch carefully to be sure they donít burn. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 weeks.
Poached Oysters In Pernod Cream And Fried Spinach
Fried Oyster Salad With Pernod Buttermilk Dressing
Fried Eggplant Salad With Sweet Corn Dressing
Fried Wild Mushroom Salad With Wild Mushroom Dressing
Fried Oysters With Horseradish Cream And Tomato Corn Salsa
Greens with Fried Tortellini and Prosciutto
Frisee and Arugula Salad with Pan Fried Oysters and Creamy Fennel Dressing
Crabmeat Potato Salad With Warm Saffron Dressing
Fried Oyster Po'boy With Jalapeño Mayonnaise And Avocado
Pork Medallions With Braised Red And Green Cabbages And Roasted Shallots