- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 10 cooked, peeled and chopped chestnuts
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/3 cups Brandied Berry Sauce
- Confectionersí sugar
- Grease five 1/2-cup ramekins with the butter, and sprinkle them with about 1 teaspoon of sugar per ramekin.
- In a bowl beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff.
- In another bowl combine the chestnuts, cream, orange zest, vanilla, Grand Marnier, cinnamon, nutmeg, and the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and beat with an electric mixer until thick and firm, but not hard. The trick is not to overbeat. Fold in the egg whites.
- Spoon the mixture into the 5 prepared ramekins and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- A few minutes before removing the soufflÈs from the freezer, prepare the Brandied Berry Sauce. Remove the soufflÈs from the freezer and allow them to sit for about 10 minutes, while the sauce is resting.
- To serve, place the ramekins on serving plates and cut a ìcapî out of the center of each soufflÈ with a spoon. Spoon some of the Brandied Berry Sauce over the top and into the soufflÈ, allowing it to drip down the sides. Replace the cap of soufflÈ on the top. Sift confectionersí sugar over each soufflÈ.
J.K.'s Chocolate Soufflés with Chocolate Grand Marnier Sauce
Brandied Berry Sauce
Smoked Salmon Souffles With Dilly Egg Sauce And Caviar
Tender Roast Chicken With Chestnut Corn Bread Dressing
Chocolate Pecan Cake With White Chocolate Mocha Sauce
Pumpkin Walnut Bread Pudding With Kentucky Bourbon Sauce
Banana Cream Pie With Caramel Drizzles And Chocolate Sauce
Banana Cream Pie with Caramel Drizzles and Chocolate Sauce
Quail Milton with Wild Mushroom-Andouille Duxelles and Port Wine Sauce
Chocolate Chip Pie With Bourbon Cream