- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound (about 2 cups) coarsely chopped peeled medium shrimp
- 3 cups peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced cucumbers (about 2 large)
- 4 cups Basic Chicken Stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup peeled, seeded, and chopped Italian plum tomatoes (1 or 2 tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup Dill Cream
- 16 sprigs fresh dill
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot over high heat and then add the onions, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper and sautÈ, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and sautÈ for 2 minutes. Stir in the cucumbers and sautÈ for 1 minute.
- Stir in the stock, cream, and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 25 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- While the soup is simmering, prepare the Dill Cream.
- PurÈe half the soup mixture in a food processor or blender and return it to the unprocessed half to give the soup a variety of textures. Reheat over low heat.
- To serve, allow about 1 cup of soup per portion. Add a dollop of the Dill Cream to each and garnish with 2 sprigs of dill.
Smoked Salmon Cakes With Lemon Dill Sauce
Crawfish Cakes With Crawfish Cream
Lemon Dill Sauce
Chocolate Chip Pie With Bourbon Cream
Crab Stuffed Shrimp With Tomato Butter And White Bean Relish
Roasted Shrimp With Saffron Potatoes And Tomato Mirliton Relish
Roasted Shrimp With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce And Warm Frisee Corn Salad
Shrimp Curry With Cilantro Biscuits
Southwest Shrimp With Fire Roasted Corn And Onion Dressing