- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 smoked ham hock (about 8 to 10 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 quarts Crab Stock
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 3 bay leaves
- 6 cups roughly chopped assorted greens, such as collards, mustard, turnip, chard, dandelion, beet greens, or spinach
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound (1/2 cup) lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1 1/2 cups Roasted Red Pepper Rouille
- 1/2 cup toasted shredded coconut
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over high heat. Add the ham hack and the onions and sautÈ for 2 minutes. Stir in the stock and water and bring to a boil. Add the Creole Seasoning and bay leaves and cook over high heat, for 20 minutes. Reduce the heat and simmer for 60 minutes.
- Fold the greens, salt, and pepper and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in the crabmeat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Remove the ham hack and shred the meat off the bone back into the soup.
- While the soup is simmering, prepare the Roasted Red Pepper Rouille.
- Serve hot in bowls, allowing 1 generous cup of the callaloo per portion. Drizzle each serving with a generous 3 tablespoons of the Rouille and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the coconut.
Roasted Red Pepper Rouille
Creole Callaloo With Roasted Red Pepper Rouille
Roasted Shrimp With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce And Warm Frisee Corn Salad
Pompano With Potato Crust And Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Tuesday's Red Bean Soup
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Asparagus and Seared Shrimp with Lemon Pepper Vinaigrette
Arugula With Cilantro Oil, Peppered Goat Cheese, And Roasted Walnuts
Fish Soup With Roasted Red Pepper Rouille
Pork Medallions With Braised Red And Green Cabbages And Roasted Shallots