- 1 1/3 cups Tomato Mustard Coulis
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 15 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Creole or other whole-seed mustard
- 1 1/4 cups bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoons coarsely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound (2 cups) lump crabmeat, carefully picked over for shells and cartilage
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Prepare the Tomato Mustard Coulis, and set aside. This can be served at room temperature.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the onions, bell peppers, salt, white pepper, and black pepper and sautÈ for 1 minute. Stir in the 1/4 cup of the green onions garlic, and 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning, and cook for 1 minute. Remove the skillet from the heat and turn the vegetables into a bowl.
- Whisk 2 of the eggs into the vegetables. Stir in the mustard, 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs, and the Parmesan. Gently fold in the crabmeat, taking care not to break up the lumps, and continue to fold it through carefully, until the mixture is well blended. Makes 3 cups.
- Combine the flour with 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning in a bowl and mix well. Combine the remaining 1 cup bread crumbs with 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning in another bowl. Whisk the remaining egg with the water in another bowl for an egg wash.
- Using you hands, gently form 8 cakes from the mixture, packing them firmly but not tightly, so theyíre not dense and heavy. Thoroughly dredge each crab cake in the flour mixture, then the egg wash, then the bread-crumb mixture, shaking off any excess flour or crumbs.
- Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over high heat. Fry the crab cakes until brown, for about 2 minutes on each side. Drain them on paper towels.
- To serve, spoon about 2 1/2 tablespoons of the coulis into each of 8 plates and top with 1 crab cake. Garnish each plate with a sprinkle of the remaining Creole Seasoning and chopped green onions.
- Note: Remove the crusts from a dense, homemade-type white bread, and crumb 3 or 4 slices at a time in a food processor or blender. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Tomato Mustard Coulis
Crab And Wild Mushroom Cheesecake With Green Onion Coulis
Crab Stuffed Shrimp With Tomato Butter And White Bean Relish
Seared Crab Cake With Corn Relish, Roasted Tomato And Pepper Coulis
Fruit Terrine With Almond Cream And Three Fruit Coulis
Lemon Pudding With Blackberry Coulis
Smoked Salmon Cheesecake With Green Onions Coulis
Crab And Corn Pies With Corn Crab Sauce
Rack Of Lamb With Creole Mustard Crust, Rosemary Jus, And Apple Mint Relish
Crawfish Cakes With Crawfish Cream