- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons peeled, seeded, and chopped Italian plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 4 servings Saffron Linguine
- 1 pound cooked lobster meat (from 3 live 1-pound lobsters), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup coarsely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Combine the oil, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, garlic, chili powder, red pepper, cumin, salt, and black pepper in a large skillet over medium heat and cook for 6 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to steep for 10 or 15 minutes.
- Prepare the Saffron Linguine, and cover to keep warm.
- Turn the heat back up to high under the skillet, and when the mixture bubbles, add the lobster. Cook, shaking the skillet, for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Makes about 2 cups.
- To serve, divide the pasta into 4 portions and mound it in 4 shallow bowls. Add 1/2 cup of the lobster and sauce, and sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan and 1 tablespoon of the green onions.
Chile Pepper Glaze
Smoked Duck Mousse Profiteroles With Chile Pepper Glaze
Crabmeat Potato Salad With Warm Saffron Dressing
Escolar Stew With Saffron Broth And Wild Mushrooms
Mussels With Saffron Wine Sauce
Roasted Shrimp With Saffron Potatoes And Tomato Mirliton Relish
Saffron Corn Sauce
Sauteed Scallops With Saffron Corn Sauce