- 8 wedges Fried Polenta
- 1/2 pound skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon Emerilís Creole Seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, cut in half and sliced vertically
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded, and chopped Italian plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Basic Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Prepare the Fried Polenta through Step 3.
- In a bowl toss the chicken strips with the Creole Seasoning, using your hands to coat the meat well.
- Heat the oil in a medium nonreactive skillet over high heat. Add the seasoned chicken and sautÈ, stirring, until the chicken is golden, for about 2 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, basil, and sage and sautÈ for 3 minutes. Add the salt, pepper, and stock and heat just until bubbles form around the edge, for about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and keep warm. Makes 2 cups.
- Finish the Fried Polenta.
- To serve, place 2 narrow wedges of the Fried Polenta on each of 4 plates and spoon 1/2 cup of the fricassee over them. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
Albuquerque Roast Chicken With Black Bean Chili, Guacamole, And Fried Tortilla Strips
Beer Battered Fish With Twice-fried Vinegar Chips And Basil Mayonnaise
Skillet Steak With Tasso Maque Choux And Fried Chanterelles
Steamed Ginger Shrimp Dumplings With Stir Fried Sesame Vegetables
Tipsy Snapper With Ginger Sake Sauce And Fried Arugula
Chicken Pockets Stuffed With Goat Cheese, Chorizo, And Pine Nuts On A Bed Of Southern Style Black Eye Peas
Paneed Chicken With Creamed Garlic Potatoes And Braised Kale
Pine Nut Crusted Chicken With Roasted Poblano Sauce
Piri Piri Chicken With Jicama Orange Salad