- 6 large Idaho potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups freshly grated extra-sharp white Cheddar (about 8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions (green and white parts), plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or as needed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white truffle oil
- 2 cups Duck Confit or
- cooked duck meat torn into bite-size pieces
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Rub the potatoes with the olive oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. Put the potatoes on a heavy baking sheet and bake until fork-tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Let cool until easy to handle (leave the oven on).
Cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out the pulp with a melon baller or small spoon, leaving a 1/4-inch border of potato pulp next to the skin, and put the pulp in a large mixing bowl. Return the potato shells to the baking sheet.
Mash the potato pulp with a fork. Add 1 cup of the cheese, the green onions, heavy cream, sour cream, butter, garlic, and truffle oil. Stir and mash until smooth. Fold in the confit and season with the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add more cream if the mixture is too dry.
Stuff the potato shells with the potato mixture and sprinkle each with a few tablespoons of the remaining 1 cup cheese.
Bake until the cheese on top is golden and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
Seared Scallops On Truffle White Bean Puree With Wild Mushroom Sauce
Dad's Meat Loaf
Chilled Roasted Beet And Fennel Soup With Apple-mint Crema And Toasted Pistachios
Cold Asparagus Soup With Lump Crabmeat
Romaine Salad With Creamy Garlic Dressing And Roasted Garlic Croutons
Spicy Duck Empanadas With Cilantro Cream
Chile-Glazed Crispy Confit Duck Wings with Blue Cheese Crème Fraiche and a Shaved Celery and Grape Salad
Twice Baked Potato Casserole