- 1/2 pound pancetta or bacon, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 2 cups corn kernels (from 3 to 4 ears of corn)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound mixed wild mushrooms, such as wood ear, chanterelle, and/or shiitake, stems wiped clean, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound fresh fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon white truffle oil, or more to taste
- 3 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and cook until crispy, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels and drain. Let cool and coarsely chop.
- Add the corn, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and the pepper to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the corn is heated through, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are tender and give off their juices, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat, add the pancetta, and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 gallon water and the remaining 2 teaspoons salt to a boil in a large pot over high heat. Add the fettuccine and cook, stirring occasionally to separate the noodles, until al dente, 4 to 5 minutes for fresh, or about 10 minutes for dried. Drain the pasta and return to the pot.
- Add the corn mixture and truffle oil and toss to coat evenly. Add the cheese and basil and toss again. Serve hot.
Seared Scallops On Truffle White Bean Puree With Wild Mushroom Sauce
Crab Cakes With Poached Eggs And Wild Mushroom Sauce
Rabbit, Andouille, And Wild Mushroom Gumbo
Fettuccine With Bacon And Peas
Wild Mushroom Sauce
Butternut Squash, Sausage, And Wild Rice Soup
Roast Flounder Stuffed With Eggplant Corn Bread Dressing
Confit Of Wild And Exotic Mushrooms With Pasta Rags, White Truffle Oil, Shaved Truffles, And Parmigiano-reggiano Cheese
Corn And Crab Bisque
Crabmeat And Hearts Of Palm Strudels With Corn Remoulade