- One 3- to 3 1/2-pound chicken
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 tangerines, quartered
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or dry vermouth
- 1 cup fresh tangerine juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Rub the outside of the chicken with the butter. Season the outside and the cavity with the salt, pepper, and Essence. Stuff the cavity with the onion, tangerines, and rosemary. Place on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350?F. Continue roasting until the chicken is golden brown and a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh reads 180?F, 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile place the roasting pan on top of two burners over medium-high heat. Add the wine and stir for 1 minute to deglaze the pan and dislodge any browned bits from the bottom. Stir in the tangerine juice and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring often, until the liquid is reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the honey and any juices accumulated around the chicken and bring to a boil. Pour into a bowl or sauceboat.
- To serve, carve the chicken (discard the onions and tangerines) and serve with the sauce.
Whole Roasted Chicken Infused with Tangerines and Rosemary With A Tangerine Glaze
Garlic Schmeared Rosemary Roasted Chicken
Apricot Glazed Cornish Game Hens With Sausage Rice Pilaf Stuffing
Chef Neal's Baby Back Ribs With Orange Chipotle Glaze
Emerilís Chicken Potpies
Hilda's Stewed Chicken
Pecan Crusted Chicken
Emeril's Pot Roast
Roast Flounder Stuffed With Eggplant Corn Bread Dressing