- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted cured black olives, such as kalamata
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- One 16-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the anchovy fillets, olives, and crushed red pepper flakes and cook, stirring often, until the anchovies dissolve, about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, and 1/4 cup water. Stir well. Simmer, uncovered, until the sauce has thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Add the parsley and cilantro, and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Meat Pies With Spicy Portuguese Sauce
Linguica Crusted Redfish With Portuguese Olive Tomato Sauce
Lobster Portuguese Style
Portuguese Chorizo Pizza
Portuguese Five Egg Easter Bread
Portuguese Kale And Clam Soup
Chicken, Bacon, And White Bean Soup Portuguese Style
Spicy Duck Empanadas With Cilantro Cream
Spicy Sausage And Cheese Rolls
Chairman Of The Board Linguine With Clam Sauce And Viva Las Vegas Tomato Sauce