- About 1/2 cup olive oil
- One 1-pound eggplant, trimmed and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pound zucchini, trimmed and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 1/2 pounds yellow squash, trimmed and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large red bell peppers (about 1 pound), roasted, with cores, seeds, and skins removed
- 1 pound fresh spinach, washed and stems removed, blanched, and squeezed dry
- 2 large yellow bell peppers (about 1 pound), roasted, with cores, seeds, and skins removed
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with aluminum foil and grease with 1/4 cup of the olive oil.
- Combine the eggplant, zucchini, and squash slices in a large bowl. Add 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and the remaining olive oil. Toss to coat evenly. Lay half of the vegetable mixture in a layer on the pans and bake until soft and just golden around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a plate to cool. Repeat with the remaining vegetable mixture.
- Combine the goat cheese with the basil, parsley, and extra-virgin olive oil in a large bowl. Season with the remaining salt and pepper and mix well.
- In a 6-cup terrine (12 x 3 x 3 inches), arrange the eggplant slices across the bottom and over the sides, overlapping the slices to cover the terrine completely. Top with slices of red bell pepper, zucchini, squash, spinach, and yellow bell pepper. Crumble a layer of the goat cheese mixture on top of the yellow pepper, and repeat layering with the remaining vegetable slices. Wrap the overhanging eggplant over the bottom of the terrine. Wrap the terrine loosely in plastic wrap. Top with a terrine of equal size or a piece of cardboard wrapped in aluminum foil. Place a brick on top of the terrine and refrigerate at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator. Remove the weight and unwrap. Slice with a very sharp knife and serve one large or two thin slices per person with the Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce and toasted croutons.
Roasted Vegetable And Goat Cheese Terrine With Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
Warm Creole Cream Cheese And Goat Cheese Cakes With Sun-dried Tomatoes And Pesto
Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
Vegetable And Goat Cheese Empanada With Roasted Tomatillo Sauce
Roasted Vegetable And Goat Cheese Terrine
Goat Cheese And Vegetable Ravioli In A Citrus-tomato Broth With Fresh Herbs And Melted Leeks
Ham Hock And Goat Cheese Wontons
Hazelnut, Goat Cheese, And Baby Greens Salad With Hazelnut Chardonnay Dressing
Eggplant, Tomato, And Feta Cheese Napoleons
Chairman Of The Board Linguine With Clam Sauce And Viva Las Vegas Tomato Sauce