- 1 1/2 cups Brown Chicken Stock or
- store-bought demi-glace
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 2 squabs (1 pound each)
- 2 teaspoons Creole Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Bring the stock to a gentle boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat, add the cherries, and allow to soften for at least 5 minutes.
- Season the outside and cavity of each squab with 1 teaspoon Essence.
- Heat the oil in a medium heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the squab and cook, turning to brown evenly on all sides, about 20 minutes total for medium-rare squab. Transfer the squab to a platter and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Add the shallots to the skillet and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 1 minute. Add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the chicken stock, cherries, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 minutes. Whisk in the butter until melted. Return the squab and any accumulated juices to the pan and cook over medium-low heat to warm through, about 1 minute.
- Garnish the squab with the chopped parsley and serve immediately with the sauce.
Seared Duck Breast With Pear And Dried Cherry Compote With Shallot Reduction
Pan Seared Salmon With Black Bean Relish
Seared Magret Duck Breasts With Duck Fat, Pan-roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Haricots Verts And A Balsamic Cherry Reduction
Panseared Squab With A Dried Cherry Reduction Sauce
Roasted Vegetable And Goat Cheese Terrine With Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
Seared Scallops On Truffle White Bean Puree With Wild Mushroom Sauce
Pan Roasted Squab With Cherry Balsamic Sauce, Fried Sweet Potato And Beet Nests, And Haricot Verts
Ann Kerney's Pan Seared Squab With Rice Dressing
Sun Dried Tomato Sauce