- 4 large Idaho potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Peel and quarter the potatoes lengthwise, then cut into 1-inch wedges. Put them in a heavy medium saucepan with 1 teaspoon of the salt and add enough cold water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 25 minutes.
- Drain in a colander. Return the potatoes to the saucepan. Add the cream, butter, the remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, and the pepper. With the heat on medium-low, mash and stir the mixture until well blended, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
The King's Creole Fried Pork Chops With Mashed Sweet Potatoes And Southern Cooked Greens
Cabbage And Potato Cake
Apple And Potato Gratin
Andouille Potato Salad
Panfried Catfish With Warm Andouille Potato Salad And Grown Up Tartar Sauce
Potato Soup With Salt Cod Fritters
Smashed Potato Salad
Spiced Baked Ham With Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potato And Duck Chowder